Friday, May 4, 2012

When using windows desktop connection does the computer you're using use it's video card for all of it?

Say I have a really powerful desktop with windows 7 ultimate and are using windows desktop connection with a laptop using vista or 7 home preimum. I'm playing a game and does the laptop I'm using use it's video card to play the game or is it streamed from my desktop|||The video is processed by your PC. The laptop is just getting the display.



The video lag you are seeing is caused by the delay on the remote connection, not by the graphics card.|||So, let me get this straight in plain english.



Are you trying to use your laptop to remotely connect to your desktop so that you can display the images through your laptop, but using the resources of your desktop to play the game?



Using Remote Desktop will use minimal resources and even if you have it running in the background, it will have no effect on a game your playing.



If you are doing something like Live Wallpaper then it may have a litle impact but it really depends on the spec of your computer and video card.



I can have three full length videos running in the background while playing Left4Dead2 on top of it without it skipping, but my desktop is pretty powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment