Friday, May 4, 2012

My PC's video card stopped rendering video?

Granted, my PC is dated (Alienware: Dual AMD Opteron 250 2.39Mhz, Nvidia Quadro FX3000 (AGP), 4 sticks Corsair 512mb DDR, Win XP), but it used to play some great games (Quake 4, HL2, Doom 3, etc). I tried updated the card to the HIS Radeon HD 2600 XT Ice Q Turbo Video Card 512MB GDDR3 to play the new stuff. The new games played, but the PC kept freezing and/or rebooting. The problem is: When I resorted back to my old card, none of the aforementioned old games worked and simple videos wouldn't render. I could hear the games, but see nothing. I tried driver cleaners and reinstalling, but nothing fixes it. Any suggestions? Or is my PC finally DOA?|||ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 XT - Specifications

400 Watt or greater power supply recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment