Sunday, May 6, 2012

How can I make the image on my HDTV from my computer's video card out clearer and more sharp?

I hooked up my computer to my HDTV from the signal out, and the screen is a bit blurry and not very sharp. I tried using both the S-Video out as well as component, but the picture was about the same for both. I can lower the resolution and make things look bigger, but I won't be able to use that solution for newer games that run at 800x600 minimum. The only time it looks remotely good is at 640x480, and that just won't cut it. How can I make it look like it does on my 19" monitor on the HD itself? I have an 8500gt Geforce card that is supposedly "HD Ready".|||Check to see if your video card has a "dvi" connector on it. This will be a white connector with lots of tiny holes in it. If it does, you can purchase a dvi to hdmi cable for cheap at monoprice.com. With that setup you should be able to match your tv's resolution and get a clear image.



Also note that some HDTVs have special "modes" for PC connectivity or even a DVI port (that requires a normal dvi to dvi monitor cable). Check your TV's user manual to see if a PC or dot-by-dot mode is available.|||You need to open up the settings for the video card and look for TV out and set it up there.It's off by default until you turn it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment