Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is it possible to upgrade ASUS M51VR's video card?

Is it possible to upgrade my laptop's video card?



I have heard that shared graphics cards can't be upgraded as they are shared with the RAM. My graphics card is the ATi Radeon HD 3470. In the catalogue I was looking at before I bought it, it said it was 256MB Dedicated Graphics. It also says that it is not dedicated here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobilit…



So if I can upgrade it, what should I upgrade it to? I'd like it to be better than the HD 3470 as I can not play COD4 on Medium settings.



Thanks|||If you can replace it (which is tricky in laptops), go with an NVidia 8600 GT, 9500GS, or 9600GT. Those will play well on CoD4. I had a 9500GS until I went even higher than that in my desktop and it played fine

No comments:

Post a Comment