Sunday, May 6, 2012

Is there any way to upgrade my laptop's video card?

I have been told that my Laptop cannot be upgraded. It really sucks because I was hoping to play some games now that my Xbox got the red ring of death. I have a hp G60; is there any way to upgrade my computer to a good recommended level of operation for gaming?|||you could use an external upgrade. like a DIY ViDOCK. your computer needs to have an PCIe slot. and it is kinda bulky. but it works and can be done for $160-200. or more if you want a nicer card



http://www.notebookreview.com/default.as…|||i wouldnt spend to much on a nicer card. the PCIe slot has limited data transfer rate. and will bottle neck nicer cards. i have no clue what the rate is. but you will for sure get better performance than any integrated card

Report Abuse


|||not a practical way. It would be possible to install a motherboard that has a better card integrated, which I have done before, but I am a professional. I would not recommend trying it.



Just get as much ram as you can, thats the best advice with a laptop.|||No way to upgrade the video card in that laptop, its part of the motherboard. Only luck you have on gaming with that machine is to turn all graphic setting down to the bare minimum levels.|||Video cards can't be upgraded. But you can switch them if your good at taking thing apart and putting the parts back. But it would cost nearly the same as getting a new computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment