Friday, May 4, 2012

HELP! How do you update a computer's video card?

I have a Dell desktop computer, and it's video card is out of date.

I can't watch any videos online, like youtube, hulu, etc.

I'm not sure if it's a video card or driver, something like that.

It's not a laptop, its a regular desktop computer that I have in my home.

It's a very old computer, I had to start using it again because my other one crashed.



Pleasee help ! (: And if you tell me to go on a website, which one ?



I want to update it without having to pay for anything like Driver Detective. When I look up how to update it that's what comes up -__-



I just need a fast, safe, free way to update it so I can watch videos online on youtube. My TV is currently occupied by unwanted guests, so I always miss my shows..I used to be able to see them online with my other computer but this computer won't let me -__-|||I remember I had a GeForce 2 but I don´t know if it was able to play movies.You should first check if you have Java installed because it´s required to have it installed in order to be able to watch youtube videos.If the video card itself is out of date you cannot update it and solve the problem-you update a program(a.k.a. the video card´s driver) and you upgrade a computer´s component( by changing it or by modifying it).It depends on what video card you have-if it is an nVidia or an ATI one-first of all you should know the manufacturer and the model of your video card in order to start searching for the latest available drivers.Right-click on your desktop and select properties -go to settings tab and read what´s written under the monitor that appears in that window-It should be the name of your video card the search for that on the Internet followed by the word ¨drivers download¨.After downloading the drivers needed - uninstal the drivers that you have already installed and only then install the newer ones.If you´re still unable to watch Youtube videos maybe it´s time to upgrade the videocard.

No comments:

Post a Comment