Sunday, May 6, 2012

I am looking to upgrade my computer's video card.?

Motherboard NY549AA-ABA p6230y

Current Video Card Radeon HD 4200

8 Gigs DDR3

Phenom 2 x4 810 processor



I am wanting to upgrade the computer so that it can play SW:TOR without being really choppy. As far as I can tell, all I need is a new video card. I am looking for something in the 100-200 price range that will be compatible to my motherboard.



If I replace my video card, will I also need to replace my PSU? I haven't cracked open my case to see which one I have yet, but generally premade machines have weaker PSUs in my experience.



Thanks in advance.|||defs get new psu and find out what kind of pci slot ur motherboard has and find graphics card that can fit and then search up tests on youtube|||Yes, you'll need to upgrade your power supply. Your 4200 would be integrated in the motherboard, taking very little power, so you'll definitely need to upgrade it. I recommend an AMD 6850 for your price range, with a good quality 500W power supply. Make sure the PSU has an 80 Plus certification. If not, do not get it.|||ati 6870 or gtx 560non ti

No comments:

Post a Comment