Sunday, May 6, 2012

How do I upgrade my computer's video card?

I bought the sims 3 CD but this came up when I tried to play it:



Unable to start game.



Device 0 cannot run this title. Your video card does not appear to support atleast Shader Moel 2. Please upgrade your card



How do I fix this? All I know is that my computer is Windows XP and it's Radeon 7000. That's all I know. Please help, and thanks in advanced to all of you who'll help.|||You go to Best Buy and ask someone to put in a bigger one. Pretty simple. You only need about a Radeon 9000.|||Holy crap. Radeon 7000??? That card is over a decade old. Your computer is a friggin' antique. Don't even bother pouring money into a video card. Get a new one. Don't bother dumping money into a faster AGP card when your system is likely running a Pentium 3 or low end Pentium 4.



And next time, try reading the system requirements beforehand so you don't go through this kind of crap.





Jack, STOP USING COMPUTERS. NOW. For one, getting advice from Best Buy is a very, very bad idea. For two, a Radeon 9000 is garbage and isn't supported by the game anyway. Stop posting if you have no clue what you're talking about. Seriously. There are enough boneheads running around this site as it is.|||1st you need to find out which slot you have, if its an agp and you can swing the price of a 3850agp card then go for it that card breathed new life into my old agp system.|||Your computer probably has integrated video with no PCI-e slot for a card that can support Shader Model 2. So if you want to play Sims 3, it probably time for an upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment