Sunday, May 6, 2012

My laptop's video card is not being found?

I have a slight issue. I recently found my Sims 3 cd, and was all excited to play it. I reinstalled the game and then when I tried to play, it read that my video card was not able to support the game. I went to a site, something like "Can you run it" and I use this to find out if I can play certain games or not and why. It reads "You Have: Intel(R) HD Graphics" as my video card. I'm a bit confused because I know I have played this game before on this same laptop. I restarted my computer and reinstalled the game again. That's about as far as my knowledge on computers/video cards will let me go.



Any ideas as to why I can't play it now?

Any ideas on how to fix it without buying a new video card?



This is an Acer Aspire 5742 laptop, fairly new, uhm I don't know what other information may be needed.



Thank you for your time. :)|||You can't replace the video 'card' on a laptop because it's part of the main motherboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment