Sunday, May 6, 2012

Can I upgrade my system's video card?

I'm buying a computer, but I want to upgrade the video card with a NVIDIA GeForce 460 GTX or an AMD Radeon 6850. Here is the computer I plan on buying.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



Is it possible that there would be any complications? I figured that if it already has a Radeon 6450, I should be able to upgrade that with a better card. I just want to be sure before I buy it.|||If you're thinking about buying a new computer and then upgrading right away, I would really just recommend buying all the parts and building it yourself, you can get better specs for less. I've never built a computer myself, but my friends have told me it's not difficult and VERY cost efficient|||As long as you have a slot capable of holding the card, enough room in the case for the card, and a PSU (Power Supply Unit) that has the appropriate plugs for the card and has enough wattage to support it, there shouldn't be an issue whether you use Windows or Linux. Just be sure to download the drivers from the chipset's manufacture's site instead of using the CD that comes with it. The drivers on the site are always the most current.

No comments:

Post a Comment