Friday, May 4, 2012

Can I upgrade my HP laptop's video card?

Hi, I've been searching around the internet for a couple of hours now and can't find a straight answer.



I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 (DV6718ca) laptop without an HDMI output. I would definitely like to have an HDMI output.



a) Is this possible?

b) I have a non-integrated (according to my sketchy research) NVidia GeForce graphics card, will I have to change the whole motherboard anyway?

c) Is changing a motherboard and/or video card recommended for experts only?



Any help is appreciated!|||In most low-mid range laptops the graphics card is integrated into the motherboard. in which case the graphics card is not removable or upgradeable.



A discrete graphics card can be found in high range models and high end gaming laptops. Discrete graphics cards can be removed and in some cases they are upgradeable



in your case you have a intergrated video card and you cannot upgrade it.



You would need to have a maniboard that fits that model of laptop (which means you would end up with the same or similar board) and if you have never swapped out a board, you should let a expert do it.





Sorry|||Instead of taking out your whole mobo and changing it, you'd be far better off selling the one you have, and getting a new laptop with the video card you want. You can get some on Newegg with a Core i7 mobile cpu and a 5730 Radeon GPU for about $1000 these days|||No sorry, very VERY few laptops allow you to upgrade the video or CPU

No comments:

Post a Comment