Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can I upgrade my Asus k40ij 's video card?

I have an Intel pent. dual core T4200, 32-bit, 3gb RAM, 2Ghz processor and I know Intel sucks at gaming. I had this since 2009, so pretty much the 1-yr warranty is gone. My question is if it is possible to change the video cards without doing anything harmful to the PC? Should my PC have any requirements needed for the video cards? Does my PC even support ATI or NVidia? Can I even upgrade/change my existing video card?



P.S. I don't know much of computers but I sure need help!



Thanks a lot.|||Hopefully this website will be helpful:

http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/compatibl…

good luck!|||It all depends on what kind of motherboard you have. Most motherboards provide a PCIe x16 which is the currently the most widely used interface for a video card. Once you find out if your mother board has a PCI-e x16 slot then you will need to find out if your power supply has the power to support a decent video card. If not then you can still upgrade, you will just need to buy a less powerful card. After you know that then just go to newegg and filter out all the options to your interface and power requirements and find one that fits your price range. The rest of the specs that you gave are fine for upgrading you video card.|||Hi,



i will tell you it will be a hassle to upgrade that video card, and not much will support it.

you will be bettter off buying a new one

No comments:

Post a Comment