Friday, April 27, 2012

I only have VGA port on my computer's video card How can i?

How can i change it to DVI?



I have both a DVI and VGA port on my monitor and i want to hook my computer cable into the DVI port of the monitor, and my gaming system cable into the VGA. But my gaming console is VGA and so is my computer cable.



I want to hook the computer up to DVI. How would i be able to do that?|||They make a converter, but you won't see any difference. It will still be a VGA signal. You need a video card with a DVI output to see any real difference in screen quality.|||You can buy converter cables that convert DVI to VGA, but not VGA (analog) to DVI (digital). Since you can't change your gaming system, you could buy a new video card for your PC that outputs in DVI and you'd have a solution that way.



However, even if you do that, your monitor will not actually be able to display both devices at the same time anyway. It might have some sort of auto-sensing switch inside that jumps between devices automatically as you turn them on/off, though.



You're better off spending your money on a simple "KVM switch" available at any computer/electronics store (either retail or online). http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.…

No comments:

Post a Comment