Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do I remove my desktop PC's video card metal frame things?

Do you know what I am talking about? I am going to install my video card (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX) into my PC's PCI-e port, but there are these two metal frames in the way. I know the card is supposed to slide into them, but how do I remove the frames? They do not have screws in them, so I'm guessing I have to push them out, right? But how should I do that? Thanks!|||beleive it or not they push vertically up and in... from the outside of the case, just apply pressure to them in an upward and inward manner and they should pop straight out. for a 8800GTX you might need to remove two of them since it's a double wide PCI card. depending on your case, you might need to unscrew two small screws that hold the metal covers in place, if this is the case, remove the two screws and THEN push the plates out of the way.



Hope this helps.|||with your fingers, since you won't be putting them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment