Thursday, April 26, 2012

What should I do about my laptop's Video Card?

I want to play this game "Amnesia: The Dark Descent" but my laptop's Video Card cannot support the game.



Here are the system requirements for my laptop to be able to run the game.



OS: Windows XP/Vista/7

Processor: 2.0Ghz (?)

Memory: 2048MB

Disc Space: 500MB

Video Card: Radeon X1000/GF 6



My video card is Mobile Intel(R) GMA 4500MHD



What can I do about this?



& what's the difference between Radeon X1000, GF 6 & video card?|||Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about your laptop. Try playing the game on a desktop PC, if you have one. If it doesn't run even there, desktop PCs can be easily upgraded.



The Radeon X1000 and GF 6 (short for GeForce 6***) were series of graphic cards or video cards from ATI and Nvidia respectively.|||From what I read here:



http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graph…



You might want to forget about gaming in general on your laptop and look for something else. This link is from a German language site but I do find their harsh assessments to be reasonably accurate. I have limited my exposure to laptops in the past due to this type of issue.



Good luck.|||laptop video cards are permanantly attached to the motherboard and can not be replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment