Thursday, April 26, 2012

Is there any way I could upgrade my Acer's video card?

I have and Acer Aspire 5251-1513 and I've been wondering if it's possible to upgrade its video card at all. At the moment it has a ATI Radeon™ HD 4250 Graphics with 256 MB and I am interested in increasing my RAM from 2gb to 8gb as well.

Should I go for both the new graphics card upgrade and increased RAM or save up the money go buy a better pc or laptop?|||You can't upgrade the onboard video card as it is hard wired. However, there are external video cards available that connect via USB which may improve performance. If the Vram is shared, you may be able to increase this in the BIOS once you have upgraded your RAM. Upgrading the RAM is always a good idea.|||unfortunatelly no. Very few laptops out there allow you to change graphics cards. Only some very expensive gaming laptops have this option.



You can upgrade the ram and harddrive normally but thats about it im afraid.



If you dont need portability then get yourself a desktop as you can order / build one to the exact spec you need and upgrade it easily later down the line.



If you need portability then just be prepared to spend a lot more to get something that will last you.

No comments:

Post a Comment