Friday, May 4, 2012

Upgrading my Laptop's Video Card?

I own a Compaq Presario C500 laptop and lately it just isn't doing what I'd like. The on thing I really use it for is to play World of Warcraft, and I'm averaging around 5 frames per second and it is almost unplayable.



I would love to improve this and get a new laptop, but I can't justify dropping a thousand dollars to play WoW better, and want to upgrade this laptop.



I have found [url=http://www.pcworld.com/article/1489… about doing this, but can not find an actual video card that can work on it.



So what I'm asking is, what video cards are there that I can buy to improve my frames per second in WoW, and work on my laptop.



Thanks.



Also, please don't tell me to buy a desktop. If I could I would, but it wouldn't work in my situation.|||You DONT upgrade a video card on a laptop because they dont have interchangeable cards period! Your video is either hardwired on the motherboard or its designed specifically for that laptop model but you CAN NOT go buy a card and slap it in there. You apparently have asked this before and refuse to face the fact. AINT GONNA HAPPEN!|||You cannot upgrade a laptops' video card.|||there are some PCMCIA videocards that require (of course) an external screen to work.

But they draw a lot of CPU power and you are unlikely to see any benefits from them because of that.



Your machine is just old and tired, not suited for modern games. Accept that fact and either live with it, don't use those games, or get a faster laptop.

You have no other options.

No comments:

Post a Comment